Tuesday 25 June 2013

of music and other things..

Music is one of those controversial topics because believes that they listen to only the best. While that may be true, I believe that there are several things that create a person who actually appreciates good music. 1.Mainstream things Yes,this is a shout out to all y'all bendover people. Mainstream is basically those people who do not know any other music except boogie,matatu or kiss 100 related music. I have nothing against such but if your going to claim your a music guru then you need to dig deeper, to the roots, passed the maistream. I do appreciate some mainstream music but it fades away because of over playing. 2.Lyrical content A song will never do it for me if the words dont make sense to me. Shout out to all you hiphop peeps. Some hiphop is actually amazing,nas,lupe fiasco, drake and king of my heart kendrick, but some is down right ratchet. All the songs that objectify women, make us look like all we are good for is big tits and booties, like al we amount to is being called sluts and bitches. And our vaginas made to feel like the best it can do is sell love to another man. Am too feminist for the lack of lyrical content that is some music. I have to be able to relate, like the words are speaking to me, almost as if the song was written with my situation in mind. 3.Instrumentals This for me varies from the crazy loud goodness that is EDM, or the soulful Rnb, or the heavy metal guitars in rock music. For me instruments play a very significant role in my enjoyment of music. If it sounds too gangstar or like people are banging on sufurias eeeeeh!!!boss zima muziki tafadhali. There is a fine line, a delicate balance between good lyrical content and amazing instrumentals, and thats what does it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment