Thursday 16 January 2014

an open letter to my unborn child...

The strangely cute waft of a baby,
Baby fever is in the air,
Everywhere I turn,
Yummy,cuddly,cute,
But I wonder,
I wonder, my unborn child,
If I will ever get to meet you,
What my world will be like,
Will I have a wife by my side,
Or will I have gotten myself knocked up,
I wonder what the world will be like,
Because these are dark days we live in,
I wonder what being gay will mean,
Will we be equals?
Or will be pelted with stones of self righteousness?
Will having two mamas and two papas be a big deal?
Or will we openly embrace,
Kiss,
Touch,
Love,
I wonder my unborn baby,
How you will adjust to having gay moms,
Or will you be ashamed,
Will you crave a father figure,
Like I did growing up,
Or will for you be ordinary with a hint of dysfunction,
I cannot wait to meet you my darling,
Everything in stride...

No comments:

Post a Comment