Friday 15 August 2014

I am my hair!!

Tresses, locks, curls, ringlets,
There is something about hair,
Straight and permed,
Natural and kinky,
Hair is beautiful,
I am in love with my hair,
Bad, untidy, unkempt hair is such a pet peeve,
I love clean hair,
You know the type that smells like that amazing fruity shampoo,
The kind that looks deep conditioned,
Almost as if the owner has a love affair with it,
I love my hair,
We turned a month recently,
Me and my locs I mean,
This has been a month of complete restraint,
Heck!! who knew I would have so much self control,
The urge to wash it with my fruity smelling shampoo,
Slather lots and lots of conditioner,
Pass an afro through it and frown at the pain,
Pain mixed with pleasure,
The pleasure of having clean, beautiful hair,
Kempt hair for me is synonymous with happiness,
My hair makes me happy,
I like to invest in it like fine art, or diamonds or land,
My new hair journey has injected a new feeling of life,
The darkness has been tryna slowly creep in,
But I have to see my babies grow,
Become long and luscious and kinky and clean,
It's amazing what my hair does for me,
It makes me happy, want to live,
Just to see what this loc journey has in store for me,
So Fuck! you Fantasia,
I am my hair!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment