Sunday 6 October 2013

October 5th

Graduation in my country is a really big deal. People tend to really fuss over it. There is a lot of dramatisation and a false sense of pride. However, what I envisioned in my head as the outcome of this "big" day was nothing I saw coming.

Perception is something that informs decisions more than we think. Perception makes you come to conclusions that are not yours to make. People I was sure would come out with honours came out with passes and vice versa. Taught me one thing, do not let perception fool you.

First degree down and lesson two I would be stupid to repeat the same mistakes. Focus is my number one drive. I will not over analyse things I have one sole goal right now and that is to become the best health lawyer I could possibly be. Focus. Focus. Focus.

Lesson three, I am glad for this year. It has taught me a lot on placing the name friend. I used to throw around that word because it felt prestigious. Gave me a feeling of belonging. But October 5th taught me a few things about that friend word. That's the most permanent lesson I got. It is very bitter-sweet but am wiser now.

No comments:

Post a Comment