Sunday 6 July 2014

Red lips and mascara

The last stroke of my mascara wand,
Press my lips for my red lip to look complete,
Stare at the mirror,
A reflection of which the outside doesn't match the in,
I stare a little longer,
To catch a glimpse,
But all I see is less than perfect,
Waaaay less than perfect,
I dull my ciggy,
I take my last sip of my drink,
Looking for perfection at the bottom of my glass,
Like a child so eager to impress,
I run to my boss with my best work in check,
Perfection no where to be found,
I take a deep breathe,
Appreciate what the good lord has done,
Perfection!Perfection!!!where at thou?
Music booming,laughs and laughs and laughs,
Clink!clink!clink!!!cheers my good man,
Perfection ever so fleeting,
She curses me out at the fuck up I am,
She calls me out on the bullshit I have done,
It's perfection my love,
That's what I strive to achieve,
Beautifully broken that's what it is,
Oh!perfection,
Oooooh!!! Perfection,
your one that can never be achieved..

No comments:

Post a Comment