Monday 6 October 2014

Dyke Culture

So I wasn't going to write about this. I wanted to yesterday but once I woke up, I was like whatevs it's never that serious....

So I am trolling through my Facebook and come across a blogger who did a "review" of a party I was at on Saturday. It was a queer party and by queer I mean 98% of the crowd was female. It was refreshing but full of culture shock. I don't know why but large groups of lesbians intimidates the life out of me. So I am there, sipping my lager and scooping the crowd...

I don't really know what I expected, or what exactly I was looking for on Saturday but I came out feeling some type of way about the Dyke Culture in my city.

Don't get it twisted, I did not expect women to come up to me and throw their panties in my face. No, I have esteem but I am not corky about my women landing capabilities. I am pretty but still I have to put work in my lady game...shit!I digress.

So I am there sipping my beer and all I could feel was extremely out of place. There is a tendency in the dyke world to be in clicks. These clicks scream "YOU CANNOT SIT WITH US..." It seems like these are deep rooted gangs friendships and getting in seems a tad dramatic for me. The blogger's point of view was just that, her talking about her excitement to meet particular "celebrity dykes", her drooling about the click-like dyke culture. I have no problem with that but there are so many of us out there, just because we do not do gangs clicks doesn't mean we are less gay.

Anyway!!aside from the fact that the party was on full turn up mode. I couldn't help but feel out of place.
My bottom line is, we are all queer, we are the fucking minority but for the minority to form sub-clicks and make people like me feel like I cannot sit with you is fucked up. I will not lose sleep over it but my expectation of fitting in the dyke culture is not existent.

P.S. This may come off jaded...that's because it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment