Friday 13 September 2013

of witchcraft, superstition and other shinnanigans..

I am the kind of person who is governed by science. For me, explanation for many things lies in science. I have never really paid attention to the world of witchcraft and superstition. That in my opinion is a bunch of hocas pocas nobody has time for. I have not been brought up in a family or community that is overly superstitious or interacts with any form of witchcraft. Minus the occasional black cat crossing the road, and why shouldn't a cat which is black in colour cross the road, I have never really interacted much with superstitious types or witchcraft believers.

Yesterday however, something very perplexing happened. I was watching local news and their headline story was that of a young girl from the Coast. She has been taking a dump, but get this, she shits metal objects. Yes my dear readers you read right. It immediately struck me as some badly written Nigerian movie script. As I continued watching the girl explained that she was cursed by a man in her sleep and the man cursed her to shit metal objects as long as she lives. Eeeeeerm!!! Hold up...what do you mean she was cursed in her dreams. Excuse me, last I checked your dreams are supposed to be an escape into the unreal but should not haunt you when your awake. The thing that tripped me out the most is that she was actually shitting spoons, knives, nails, scissors, screw drivers which were all rusty as fuck. And get this, they did not have even a drop of blood or faecal matter on them.

I do not believe in this at all so I fall back to science for an explanation. It is not logically possible for a nail leave alone a pair of scissors to pass through the rectum leave alone your intestines without puncturing them and causing severe bleeding. An x-ray was taken and it came out clean. I don't know, even extreme skeptics like myself find this a tad difficult to explain without involving the supernatural. Today happens to be Friday the 13th and we all know how that goes. Extremely superstitious day, not too sure whether, with the risk of coming off racist, it is a white people thing. Oh!well...let's see what happens today.

No comments:

Post a Comment