Wednesday 4 June 2014

Not so Patriotic...

I have soooo many things I want to blog about but everything is in bits and pieces in my head. I may get carried away spewing, stop me if you can.

I have been trying to place my feelings towards what is currently happening in this dear country of mine. I know I have been less than patriotic of late, I have simply checked out of the current shit going down in my country. I am living in a country I do not care about any more. People around me get so animated talking about politics and the current country situation and I am simply not amused. Basically I am over it.
I began to question myself on my current mood and I have concluded that it is not my country that has a problem, it is the government, the opposition and all its shinnanigans.
I am particularly upset at how the media feed off drama instead of issue based politics. I am particularly upset at myself for getting sucked into all the drama and chaos that is my country's politics. I get so sucked up in the chaos that I forget to question what is actually happening. Whether all the drama is a smoke screen to blind me and the rest of my country men from the fact that our needs are not being catered for.
I am particularly pissed as fuck because in the 21st century in a country as progressive as mine I was stuck in traffic for six hours yesterday...yup!six fucking hours people.
The Chinese, I will not even get started on how I think that all this "generosity" will bite us in the ass one day. Human beings are simply are not designed to be that kind without expectation in return. Somebody needs to question why there is increase in elephant death with the increase in Chinese "help".
I am upset that my country men are suffering from some form of PTSD because of the terror violence but people are bothered with non-issues like "baba" coming back from the States, as if he came back with solutions to World Peace and eradication of hunger and poverty. Relevance is something that will quickly fade away as long as you do not cater to the citizenry. Nobody cares about word, action evokes credibility.

Anyway, it is a tad hypocritical for me to sit behind my screen and type away at how disgruntled of a citizen I am. That being said, I will continue to watch this political space, come 2017 I will be wiser. I shall not like in the past cast a vote based on tribe, I promise to devote my attention to issue based politics and not the drama that is my current political situation. I will listen out for political figures who have my best interests as their focal point. Interests such as improved health care, solutions for shit ass traffuck and most importantly persons who are keen on human rights; LGBTQI rights for that matter. Because I want to passionately kiss my girlfriend in  the beautiful Nairobi streets.

In other unrelated news, Capital FM are playing some off the hook rock music today.
Aaaaaand most importantly lotsa rainbow colored hugs and kisses to the 702 readers that have indulged me in my happy, animated,sad,cynical, spirited, angry, runty blogs.
Asante Sana.


No comments:

Post a Comment