Wednesday 28 May 2014

Supply vs Demand

I am an observer,
I am that fly on the wall with a hint of extrovert,
I notice even the slightest changes,
One thing I have observed of late is LGBTQI relationships,
Supply vs Demand is what I have hypothesized,
I have observed that people in the queer community have relationships,
Relationships that last forever,
Yes, there is the having many partners until you find this elusive one,
However, what I noticed is that once queer folk settle in a relationship,
It is for years to come,
Why? I began to ask myself,
Why is it that as opposed to our fellow heterosexuals;gay relationships actually last the test of time,
Supply vs Demand comes about because me thinks there are fewer queer folk and getting a person who gets you is enough to build a relationship,
Supply vs Demand does not force you to settle,
It however in my opinion makes queers get past the small petty things being in a heteronormative setting will not provide,
There is so much choice out there for the straights,
Choice that makes them picky and petty because there is always supply,
In my relationship I have learned to stop sweating the small stuff,
Shit that would otherwise make me cast you away is now more rational for me to go through,
It is the supply shortage,
I cannot just walk into a room and find a person like her,
So when I met her and started to fall for her the little things that I would otherwise not pay attention to if I was straight would not matter,
The little detail the small things that make a human being human is what I have conditioned my mind to look out for,
I am no longer privy to a world where there is plenty of supply,
It is a good thing actually,
It is an amazing thing because little supply opens up my demand,
My demand for being the source of love,
My demand to love unconditionally,
My demand to have faith in people,
My demand to trust the person I am with fully,
My demand to appreciate human beings as human beings. 
Without demand, supply gives me an exit plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment