Tuesday 2 September 2014

She saw my beautiful through the broken...

Skepticism and love for me went hand in hand,
Cynicism about love was the cherry on top,
To me it was this unicorn,
A fantasy fiction animal that is claimed to exist,
Few and far between have seen it,
But even those few in my opinion made that shit up,
That was love to me,
A made up phenomenon,
That few and far between have experienced,
Until yesterday,
Something happened,
It changed my whole perspective on what love is,
I always waited for this larger than life sign,
A big love heart appearing in the sky,
A feeling so strong it knocked me over,
Give me a sign that love does exist,
Tears cascaded down my eyes yesternight,
I clutched on to my pillow,
Sobbing and sobbing and sobbing,
Tears of heartache, pain, happiness, sadness, despair,
 My eyes were leaking,
This has never happened before,
It's not a break up,
But why is my heart so broken,
How can a heart break if it didn't feel love,
How can I feel so much pain if there was no love to begin with,
How can sadness and despair engulf me yet I claimed not to have the ability to feel love,
How can a person make you feel so intense yet you didn't love them,
Why would I feel the need to stay and fight if that's not love,
A heart so warm and tender it melted my ice cold one,
A love so unconditional she gave me,
She saw my beautiful through the broken,
She loved me until I started to love myself and eventually her,
How can knowing someone for such a short time have such a life time impact,
Give me a sign,
It was not dramatic,
It was not subtle either,
But I now know what love feels like,
Love is a beautiful thing,
It is so delicate, so vulnerable
it makes me quiver,
It creeped right into my icy heart...
I love you my baby,
Always and forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment