Wednesday 14 August 2013

Birthday people and not birthday people..

"Oh!my God..it's my birthday month...team Sagitarrius...legoooo!!!!...keep calm!it's my birthday week...can't wait...exciiiiited..." Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me...."

Over the years, through my different ages I have come to notice one thing...there are birthday people and not birthday people. Birthday people are those guys who cannot, excuse my French, shut up about their birthday. They will talk about their previous birthday all year round and especially bore us to death when their birthday month reaches. These are the kind of people who will fuss, bordering hysteria when it comes to this "special" dates. They will demand attention, gifts, time...you could think birthdays are an accomplishment. These types, for your information, annoy and irritate me...a lot.

"Uuuuuuum...what day is this? *checkscalendar*...holy fuck!I forgot...it's my birthday."

I fall in the not birthday people category. Maybe it's because I am slightly morbid with a splash of cynicism but mostly it's because I hate being centre of attention. People like me simply do not give two shits about our birthdays. Sure we will have a shot or the whole bottle but we do not make a big deal out of it. The hulla ballo and pretence surrounding the party is exhausting for us. We are better off celebrating with close friends, monkeying around and making memories with people that matter. As opposed to screaming through the rooftops "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY" the whole world will acknowledge it with a wish but roll their eyes behind your back. The whole world will show up for free food and drinks and gossip about how boring the party was. The whole world will show up just to be seen, to be said, to be heard, to Instagram that they came, but when real shit going down booboo, the world will be nowhere go be found.

Do not get me wrong, hulla ballo is a good thing...I just prefer mine dialled down a notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment