Wednesday 21 August 2013

of being maternal and other things...

If you ask me, the last thing I would ever describe myself as is maternal. I don't like kids, I think they poop a lot, cry a lot and just don't know when to shut up. That was me, a few years back. I am not exactly a kids person per say but the interesting thing is that kids just like me. With the risk of sounding like am tooting my own horn I am a baby magnet. Kids just love me. I don't think I do anything cute and cuddly around them but for some reason kids get along with me. I can't explain it but someone once told me it is a good thing because I am naturally maternal. I don't really know what that means but it makes me go to this place where I wonder how I will be if I ever became a mum. I wonder whether being gay will affect my chances of having a cute cuddly baby of my own. Whether the law will ever change to allow homosexuals to adopt. I wonder whether we will ever be recognised as having the same rights. The right to love whoever you want to love. I love this new trait I have discovered about myself. Who knew being maternal is a good thing. I am still not crazy about kids but am sure glad there is something in me that makes kids comfortable, loved and nurtured when they are around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment