Thursday 8 January 2015

Lesbian Calendar

So, it began with a simple observation which morphed into a hypothesis and now I believe it should be a full on theory.
I have been observing the lesbian world for the past three years or so. By observing I mean, I have been watching interactions/relationships/hook ups and my own actions when it comes to relations with women. And now I am pretty convinced that there is such a thing or I wish to create the theory that there is a lesbian calendar.
Lesbian Calendar (n) aka my definition
This is the act of meeting a woman and in less than a fraction of a second you are in love or having sex.

Now, let me expound on this a little bit more. The lesbian calendar is not synonymous with infatuation or lust. It is an independent theory that I think lies in the realm of we meet today and tomorrow we are dating, meet today and in the next hour our fingers are shoved inside each others vaginas, meet today and tomorrow you are moving in, meet today and in a year we are getting married. The heterosexual world does not work like that though. There are stupid 90 day rule thingys, wait until the third date to have sex thingy, dress like this for the first date thingy...blah!blah!blah!!! There are bat shit set of rules that they follow or don't or failure to, gets you branded a slut/man whore/gold digger.

That however, does not translate in the lesbian world. I have been in a space where I met two girls who looked all lovey dovey and I ask "Oh!are you two dating?" the answer was "Yes!" naturally proceed to, "For how long?" "Oh!Actually,we met today and she is my girlfriend." "Uuuuuuuuummmmm!!!!!"*insert brow lift*

The above example is not an accurate representation of every gay girl out there, but an extreme example of how zero to sixty we can get. I, have been in situations where I meet a nice girl and in a week it feels like I have known her forever. The amount of shit we have done in that week feels like things that should be spread out in the course of a few months...lol!!! The crazy thing is that I don't view the lesbian calendar as a bad thing. I have just noticed that the order is sex/in love then we will get to know each other as time goes by.
As opposed to, first let me get to know you for a while then figure out if I want to have sex with you and fall in love or just keep it physical and bang each other.

There is also the other end of the spectrum where you have dated for a year but it feels like three, dated for three it feels like six. I have in the recent past broken up with someone and for the life of me it feels like I was with her for five years and we barely made it a year. Again, not at all a bad thing but jeez!!wasup with that though?

I have come up with a couple of answers for this phenomenon, that is, the lesbian calendar: One, women are nesters. Women are biologically emotion filled creatures and once you find someone whose pheromones match yours..lol!pheromones...that connection makes one day feel like a life time together.
Two, supply vs demand, the supply of queer folk to the demand for sex/love/lust is very limited and therefore making the lesbian calendar come alive.

Eeeeermmm!!!This is one of those add on blog because I am officially fascinated by this hypothesis, that zero to a hundred effect. I will keep observing and see what will come up this year...

Watch this space!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment