Monday 19 May 2014

Heroes are made of this...

I know I wanted to blog today,
But I am not sure what about,
I know I was feeling inspired today,
But I did not know by what exactly,

I was about to go on a verbal diarrhoea rant about how displeased I am with my government. The government I so willingly but not authentically voted in. I was going to vent about why the public commute system in my country, the touts, always get into a fight with you once you give them 1000 shillings and ask for change. Since when did 1000 shillings become burden filled money. I was going to vent about the lady with thunder thighs sitting next to me but my dear people today is not that day.

I want to blog about this amazing soul I met last year 17th May to be precise.
I was a closeted dyke going about my business when I bumped into her at the Pride/IDAHOBIT event.
She was different. There was something very unconventional,very risque,very intriguing.
There was something very brave about her.
A courage I had never experienced. Experienced you ask? Yes!she exuded courage that swept the room.
There I was timid as a mouse,shaking in my converse feeling so out of place in this room filled with queer folk. I know I was meant to feel at home but my closet doors were shut and nothing could get me out. Nothing.
That is what I thought until I met this beautiful queer who made me feel like it was ok to be me. It was ok to be queer,unconventional.
It's ok,there is nothing wrong with you was the vybe I got from her.
It's ok my darling was the comfort I felt from her.
It's ok,do not sweat the small stuff was what she stood for.
Her persona,her feminism,her lack of fear to speak out or die trying...
Rise!Raise a fist! Resist!!!! Her mantra....
She is indeed a rebel with a cause....

I know I wanted to blog today,
Now I know what about,
To my heroes in the queer folk community,
To the beautiful souls that made me feel like you know what, IT'S OK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment