Monday 5 May 2014

I was born this way....

"Just Be Strong" has officially become one of the phrases I hate so much,
I was raised in a household where voicing opinion was unheard of,
Where love flowed freely but there was always a feeling of clog,
Where the devils piss was used to solve problems,
Where tears were a sign of weakness,
I was raised to know that being a bitchypendent was ok,
Where you can do everything yourself,
I was raised to put on a brave face,
However terrified I was,
I was raised like a soldier,
For a war I am never going to experience,
I was raised to be on top of things,
After all everybody in the world is stupid,
I was raised to fear God,
A God I have always questioned exisiting,
How can I be afraid of that I cannot see,
After all fear is weakness I was told,
I was raised to bottle my feelings up,
Nobody has time for a whinny little ungrateful girl,
After all you have something to digest and a place to lay your head,
Be grateful I was told,
Nobody likes a little girl who cannot appreciate "God's Gifts,"
I was raised to be emotionally numb,
The people I love only know this too well,
The unavailability,
I was raised to say "I am good" "I am fine"
When my whole life is crumbling on the inside,
I was raised by parents who did not know any other way of being,
I was raised to just hang in there,
The darkness will soon pass,
I was raised to "Just Be Strong"....



No comments:

Post a Comment