Friday 2 May 2014

What if I was blind...

I watched a blind man play the piano and it inspired me:

What if I was blind,
Would I appreciate my life more?
Would I appreciate my face and body?
Because I would not have to wake up and stare at the mirror,
Identify problem areas which I can only see,
Would I appreciate other peoples beauty?
Because much as I am a sapiosexual my prejudice mind will still judge you for how you look,
Would I appreciate taste?
Because my eyes will not see how bad it looks but my mouth will appreciate how good it tastes,
Would I appreciate scent?
Because my eyes will not have the time to look for what is smelling but love it regardless,
Would I actually listen?
Because my eyes have not judged you and changed how I already always listen,
Would my hands appreciate touch,
Because my eyes have not been biased and convinced me why I should not touch you,
Would I appreciate being touched?
Because my eyes have not looked at your hands and dismissed them for being disgusting,
Would I pay attention to my instinct?
Because when a person shows you who they really are believe them the first time,
Would I trust?
Because I can count on people to show me direction regardless of truth or falsities,
What if I was blind?
Would the I appreciate the simplicities of life....

No comments:

Post a Comment